GK Physiotherapy uses a unique combination of Physiotherapy and Manipulative techniques in practice
This is a science and evidence-based practice, which treats injury and disease by external physical methods of reducing pain and restoring normal body movement and function. Treatment includes lots of different types of therapeutic exercises and movement techniques.
Involves even further and more precise clinical examination, to find out why body areas are problematic and to return full function or to stop further deterioration. Treatment can include the correction of misalignments and joint and soft tissue manipulation.
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy:
Shockwave therapy (Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy) is a new form of treatment, which involves giving controlled sonic pulses. This form of treatment now officially acts as a fast and evidence-based substitute for various surgical and medical procedures such as Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendinopathy, and Calcified tendons of the shoulder.
- Back problems - Low back pain, trapped nerve, slipped/prolapsed disc, misalignments, and sciatica.
- Neck pain - tension, headaches, trapped nerves, migraines, and the effects of stress.
- Joint care - Joint pain & stiffness, aches, reduced range of motion, arthritis.
- Muscle and ligament sprains and strains.
- Sport and movement injuries (all levels).
- Recovery from surgery.
- Rehabilitation (building up strength, mobility & return to full function).
- Posture problems.
- Whiplash injuries.
In each case, a fully qualified practitioner will undertake a comprehensive assessment leading to an accurate diagnosis. Following the discussion, an appropriate treatment plan will be agreed to effectively manage/resolve your condition.
Some of the treatment methods used:
- Joint & Soft Tissue manipulation
- Exercise Therapy
- Manipulation Techniques - Spine & Peripheral Joints
- Shockwave Therapy
- Mobilisation and Stretching Techniques
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
- Muscle Energy Techniques (MET)
- Myofascial / Therapeutic Massage
- Electrical Therapy Modalities (TENS, Interferential, etc.) In addition guidance for self-management of the dysfunction is an integral part of every treatment provided.
In addition to the treatment methods above every treatment will include guidance on appropriate self-management techniques.